I haven't managed to post much lately...mostly due to all the stress of moving. The apartment has been slowly boxed up over the last month (or more), and one of the areas I haven't quite finished packing is the kitchen. Some of the items we have make me wonder, "Why did I buy this???" (ex. cheap slushie maker which apparently doesn't work for alcoholic drinks...), but I think I actually use most of the stuff I've got. Here are my top five kitchen cannot-live-withouts:
5. Spice measuring spoons - These nifty spoons are long and narrow, so it's easy to reach inside spice jars.
4. Garlic press/slicer - This takes the pain out of mincing garlic. It's also great for creating even slices.
3. Rice maker - Funny story: I bought my rice maker for $5 from a foreign exchange student who was moving and needed to sell a lot of her stuff. There weren't any instructions in English, so all I know about using it is what the girl told me that day. It's been an adventure figuring out all the little tricks to get my rice just right, but now that I've got it, I love using it!
2. Large composite cutting board - Won't dull your knives and easy to clean. Enough said.
1. Santoku knife - I like the feel of a Santoku...I prefer it over a Chef's knife. It's great for chopping vegetables, which let's face it, is a daily task for many vegans.
Have any kitchen cannot-live-withouts of your own?
Mu Shu Jackfruit Lettuce Wraps
2 days ago